Ferncreek Cardiology, PA
Cardiology located in Fayetteville, NC
Your risk of developing cardiovascular disease increases as you get older, yet the number of young adults suffering heart attacks has increased by 2% every year for the last decade. At Ferncreek Cardiology, PA, Manesh Thomas, MD, FACC, FSCAI, Matthew Daka, MD, FACC, FSCAI, and Selveratnam Sinna, MD, treat adults of all ages, specializing in risk assessment and preventive heart care, while also providing intensive management of chronic cardiovascular conditions. If you have questions about cardiovascular disease or need to schedule an appointment, call the office in Fayetteville, North Carolina, or use the online booking feature today.
Cardiovascular Disease Q & A
What are the most common cardiovascular diseases?
Cardiovascular disease encompasses all the conditions that develop in your heart and blood vessels. A few of the most common include:
- Coronary artery disease - fatty plaque clogs heart arteries
- Peripheral artery disease - fatty plaque clogs leg arteries
- Heart valve disease - valves thicken or don’t close properly
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm - weak, bulging area in the aorta
- Heart arrhythmias - fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat
- Chronic venous insufficiency - causes varicose veins and leg ulcers
- Myocarditis - inflamed heart muscles
- Cardiomyopathy - enlarged heart
This list isn’t comprehensive, but it gives you a good idea of the different types of cardiovascular disease.
What symptoms develop if I have cardiovascular disease?
The specific symptoms you develop depend on the type of cardiovascular disease. As a group, these health conditions often cause symptoms such as:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Lightheadedness or dizziness
- Racing or fluttering heart
- Swollen legs due to fluid buildup
- Aching or burning legs
- Non-healing leg ulcers
- Leg pain (all the time or only when you walk)
If you have any of these symptoms and they’re severe, recur, or get worse, don’t wait to schedule a comprehensive evaluation at Ferncreek Cardiology, PA.
What services might I receive for cardiovascular disease?
The team at Ferncreek Cardiology, PA, has extensive experience diagnosing and treating the full scope of cardiovascular diseases. They provide comprehensive diagnostic testing and customized treatment that takes care of the whole person.
These are some of the diagnostic and therapeutic services patients frequently receive:
- Preventive cardiology
- Medication management
- Arrhythmia management
- Peripheral artery disease management
- Chest pain evaluation and management
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Vascular imaging
- Holter and event monitoring
- Coronary intravascular ultrasound
- Coronary fractional flow reserve
- Stress testing
- Angioplasty and stenting
- Cardiac catheterizations
- Cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Enhanced external counterpulsation
- Varicose vein treatment
Following a healthy lifestyle is an essential part of your treatment for cardiovascular disease. Your provider may help with dietary counseling, exercise recommendations, weight loss management, and stopping smoking.
If you develop signs of cardiovascular disease, or you would like preventive care that assesses your risks and screens for early signs of heart problems, call Ferncreek Cardiology, PA, or book an appointment online today.